“High Tech, Light Touch: Hands-On with XP Sharpen-Free Instruments”
Instrumentation can play an integral role in patient comfort, quality of care and career longevity. High Tech, Light Touch engages course participants by training them in an innovative technology not traditionally taught in dental hygiene programs. New techniques may easily be integrated immediately into a practice setting, improving ergonomics and patient satisfaction.
COURSE EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Gain confidence in the basics of hand instrumentation and ergonomics principles needed to deliver quality patient care
- Review the advantages of XP Sharpen-Free instruments and the benefits of a modified instrumentation technique
- Introduce unique sharpen-free instrument patterns
- Recognize optimal instrument maintenance and sterilization recommended by the CDC and OSHA
“Optimize Your Treatment Outcomes with Effective and Efficient Choices in ultrasonic Instrumentation”
COURSE DESCRIPTION.This course is based on current scientific literature and will provide the clinician evidence based tools and strategies for treatment planning periodontal debridement procedures. Focus will be on best practices of ultrasonic technique with aerosol management, insert selection, equipment maintenance and patient comfort. Emphasis on the 4 A’s and 3 E’s of ultrasonic instrumentation will be used to assist the clinician in obtaining successful clinical outcomes.
COURSE EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES.
- Understand the role ultrasonic instrumentation plays in biofilm disruption, access to deeper periodontal pockets and furcations for successful clinical outcomes.
- Recognize the benefit of selecting inserts based on deposit level and patient presentation to enhance clinical outcomes.
- Explain the protocol for using a non-injectable local anesthetic agent for patient comfort during non-surgical periodontal procedures.
- Evaluate best practices for aerosol management during ultrasonic instrumentation.
- Identify the elements of insert care and maintenance necessary for effective and efficient clinical outcomes.
Location: Embassy Suites by Hilton Houston- Energy Corridor 11730 Katy Freeway Houston, TX 77079
Friday, October 25, 2019 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Breakfast 8:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m. Lunch 12:00 p.m.- 1:00 p.m.
Please note: Participants will be able to download the handouts to their computer, Netbook, or iPad, in a file that can be printed. No handouts will be available onsite. Please register and make payments at: CE Zoom. You will also receive your CE credit through CE Zoom. Also note, attendees will participate in both courses; courses will go on simultaneously and will switch in the afternoon.
Early Bird Registration: (registered on or before September 27, 2019) ADHA Member RDH 6hrs $110.00 (Lunch included for 6hrs) Non-Member RDH, DDS 6hrs $155.00 (Lunch included for 6hrs) Regular Registration: (registered September 28 – October 12, 2019) ADHA Member RDH 6hrs $130.00 (Lunch included for 6hrs) Non-Member RDH, DDS 6hrs $165.00 (Lunch included for 6hrs) Late Registration: (registered October 13, 2019 or after) ADHA Member RDH 6hrs $150.00 (Lunch included for 6hrs) Non-Member RDH, DDS 6hrs $175.00 (Lunch included for 6hrs)
All refunds are subject to a $25.00 fee. No refunds will be given after October 12, 2019- no exceptions. A $5 fee will be charged for any changes made to your registration after October 12, 2019. All refunds will be mailed after the CE. For more information contact Catherine Berger at firstname.lastname@example.org